Valencell is a fast-growing biometric wearable technology company looking to add more awesome brainpower to our team.
Our sensor systems are the most accurate wearable biometric technology that continuously measure heart rate, activity, and other critical biometrics. Our goal is to give people the information they need to achieve their health and fitness goals with the devices they already wear.
Since 2006, Valencell’s team has over 70 patents granted and over 100 patents pending. We’re dedicated to making what’s next in precision biometrics.
If this sounds like something you want to be part of, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biometrics Lab Internship, Raleigh NC
Part-time position up to 28 hours per week
Timeline and schedule:
- Summer: May-August
- Fall: August-December
- Spring: January-May
You will be a vital member of the biometrics laboratory team, executing data collection and analysis of biometric sensors and related metrics. This position requires working with a large number of research volunteers in the laboratory and organizing data.
Required education and skills:
- Exercise Science (in process for internship). Related majors with experience considered
- Experience with data collection and organization
- Understanding of exercise testing and prescription principles
- Fast learner – this internship will require a large variety of analytic tasks
- Self-starter – this internship requires taking the initiative to learn new things
Desired knowledge and experience:
- Familiarity with exercise technology including smart phone applications, fitness software, heart rate, GPS, and/or power monitors
- Ability to organize data utilizing spreadsheet and database software
- Experience with fitness programs including cardiovascular and strength training
- Understanding of indirect calorimetry
If that’s you, please contact email@example.com.