Utilizing Valencell Technology in Your Devices
Working with Valencell means we partner with you at every step to integrate Valencell technology into your wearable designs. Our ability to help you get a feature-rich biometric wearable into market is unmatched in the industry.
Benchmark® Sensor Systems
Benchmark Sensor Systems incorporate all Valencell PerformTek® biometric sensor technology in a pre-packaged system for immediate integration in wearables of all kinds.
Valencell Benchmark® Sensor Systems
Valencell Benchmark Sensor Systems are complete biometric sensor systems that include all the hardware, optomechanical design, firmware and algorithms for highly accurate biometrics in wearables of all shapes and sizes. Benchmark Sensor Systems are ready to design into your wearable device today. Benchmark Sensor Systems mitigate schedule and technical risk associated with validating the biometric technology, because they incorporate all the best Valencell has to offer in a ready-to-integrate module.
Valencell Benchmark Sensor Systems are available in two versions:
*Additional documentation is available by request, including application notes, communications protocols, design examples, and more.
- Emitter/detector sensor electronics
- State-of-the-art active signal characterization to remove noise from optical signals during heavy activity and challenging environments
- Low-power accelerometer to track activity
- Light-guiding optomechanics to provide excellent optical coupling to the user’s skin
Valencell offers a menu of product planning and engineering support services for all our Benchmark customers. Contact us if you need more information.
The integrated PerformTek® processor converts sensor data into clinically-validated biometric measurements and assessments such as:
- Continuous Heart Rate, resting heart rate, heart rate response and recovery
- R-R interval (RRi) for heart rate variability (HRV) and other metrics
- Multi-wavelength outputs for SpO2
- Cardiac efficiency
- Step counting
- Running cadence, distance, and speed
- Energy expenditure / calories burned
- And many more
The PerformTek® processor contained in Benchmark communicates with your host processor using a simple UART or I2C interface protocol. Benchmark is 100% tested for optical and sensor performance at the factory using proprietary optical testing systems developed by Valencell.
It Takes More Than Just a Sensor to Make a Biometric Wearable
Why Use Benchmark® Sensor Systems
- Validated accuracy equal or close to a chest strap (depending on sensor location)
- Shorten product lifecycle by 2-4 months on average
- As much as $500,000 cost savings in manufacturing set-up and tooling processes and engineering development effort
- Access to Valencell’s advanced biometrics roadmap, including blood pressure, breathing rate, cardiac efficiency, and much more
- Access to testing & validation in our Biometrics Lab
- Rapid time-to-market; no licensing required
- Low power consumption solution with average operating current less than 1mA
- Strong patent protection from the most highly-cited patent portfolio in wearable biometrics
Benchmark Sensor Systems Customers
Valencell’s proven inventions, sensor technology, and algorithms can be found in tens of millions of wearable and hearable devices all over the world, in over 90 products, for companies such as Samsung, Suunto, Bose, Jabra, Huawei, and Sony.
Contact us for more detail on how we can help you build award-winning wearables.