Pushing Biometric Wearables to Their Limit
The Valencell Biometrics Lab is one of the most sophisticated biometrics labs in the world.
Lead by Ph.D. exercise physiologist Dr. Chris Eschbach, the Lab puts our customers’ product prototypes through a battery of testing protocols and activity sets. We then analyze and validate the data to determine real-world accuracy and identify improvements to product design and performance. We don’t stop until we demonstrate the product will deliver highly accurate biometric measurements on anyone, doing anything, at any time.
- Conducts over 36,000 different device tests
- Analyzes over 50 million biometric data points
- Measures over 2,000 hours of testing & validation
TEST, ANALYZE, VALIDATE, REPEAT
The only way to bring a successful and accurate device to market is through intensive testing and validation. Every body has different physiological characteristics, yet devices must provide consistent and accurate data across a wide range of people doing a variety of activities at different intensity levels. We use 25 different protocols in our testing methodologies to account for these differences.
HOW WE TEST
- Walking, jogging, running, biking, rowing, gym exercises, lifestyle activities, medical use cases & more
- Steady-state, dynamic pacing, and high-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Indoor, outdoor & aquatic testing
- Test subjects vary by age, sex, fitness levels, skin tones & body types
- Assessments include V02 max, cardiac efficiency, heart rate variability (RRi) & blood pressure
The Lab also contributes to Valencell’s research and development of new technology related to physiological biometrics as applied to fitness, exercise, personal health, and military situations. Beyond our own technology, we continually evaluate biometric wearable products that are not powered by Valencell to identify strengths and weaknesses of all technologies and products on the market today.