ACSM American College of Sports Medicine guidelines for effective physical fitness recommend individuals exercise at an intensity between 64 percent and 94 percent of their maximum heart rate or 40 percent to 85 percent of their maximal oxygen consumption (VO2max), as well as burn a minimum of 200-300 calories per session, five days per week, to maintain proper health and assist in weight control. The study was conducted by Dr. John Porcari from the University of Wisconsin. Valencell’s Healthset® technology measures heart rate, calories burned, distance traveled and VO2max while being seamlessly integrated into common headsets, earbuds and headphones that still retain the ability to listen to music and make phone calls. Heart rate monitors (HRM) are finding high relevance across multiple lifestyle activities. Click here for the full article.
- Our Brains Know if a Movie Will Bomb Before We Do
- The Dark Horses Of CES – Interesting Offerings That Slipped Through The Cracks
- The 5 Most Interesting Hearables Developments from CES 2019
- Valencell’s Latest Biometric Sensor System Raises the Bar for Accurate Biometric Wearables & Hearables
- Valencell and Sonion Demo First Ever Hearing Aid Receiver in Canal with Embedded Biometric Sensor