April 29, 2015 — Some users of Apple Watch have reported on YouTube and Reddit that the device does not work properly if you have a wrist tattoo, as the ink seems to interfere with the smartwatch’s infrared sensors that enable wrist detection, according to a report by Business Insider. On a related note, Valencell’s PerformTek biometric sensor technology is able to accurately measure biometric data such as blood flow, in any form-factor and under any condition, including on individuals with tattoos. Read More
- What is cumulative blood pressure and why does it matter?
- Will wearables ever accurately measure blood pressure?
- Valencell’s Cuffless, Calibration-Free Blood Pressure Monitoring Technology Selected to Present at American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Session
- Are PPG sensors less accurate for people with darker skin?
- SunTech Medical and Valencell Announce Proof of Concept for DeltaTrak Blood Pressure, a Major Advancement in BP Technology