May 1, 2015 — “The signal to noise ratio when you use light to try and measure blood flow in people as Apple is doing is much lower in someone who has high melanin content,” says Steven LeBoeuf, a co-founder of Valencell, a producer of biometric sensors. His company hasn’t completed its tests with the Apple Watch. Read More
- What is cumulative blood pressure and why does it matter?
- Will wearables ever accurately measure blood pressure?
- Valencell’s Cuffless, Calibration-Free Blood Pressure Monitoring Technology Selected to Present at American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Session
- Are PPG sensors less accurate for people with darker skin?
- SunTech Medical and Valencell Announce Proof of Concept for DeltaTrak Blood Pressure, a Major Advancement in BP Technology