Jabra, the big name in headphones and headsets, is releasing a pair of wireless earbuds that continuously measure the user’s heart rate. Designed for athletes, the Jabra Elite Sport are essentially an advanced activity tracker, earbuds, and a Bluetooth communication device all in one. The heart rate tracking technology is called PerformTek and was developed by Valencell. It uses an optical emitter and detector to notice tiny changes in the reflected light as blood moves through the capillaries of the ear. Read More
- Heart Rate Variability features: can we use SDNN instead of rMSSD?
- What are biometric parameters and why do they matter?
- Valencell’s Biometrics Laboratory Director Wins 2018 Technology Leadership Award from Consumer Technology Association
- Clinical Validation of Biometric Wearables and Applying Accurate Biometrics Towards Compelling User Experiences
- Success with Wearables – Silicon Valley Health 2.0 meetup