Check out Dr. Steven LeBoeuf’s presentation at the 2015 Rockstars of Wearables conference on “What if there is no ‘killer app’ for wearables?” Instead of one primary killer app or use case for wearables, there are likely to be hundreds use cases across many different industries and markets that wearables will enable. The form factors, data, and user interfaces will likely be very different, but the key is to understand that the wearable devices are one part of a comprehensive user experience that supports achieving specific goals or objectives. Even the most common current use case – fitness and activity tracking – is being vastly underserved by the offerings in the market today because they lack a compelling user experience. And it’s critical we get those objectives and user experiences right if the wearables market is going to realize the massive growth that many are predicting in the next few years.
- Valencell Benchmark Sharefile Guide
- Utilizing heart rate data to improve swimmers’ performance: A conversation with Phlex
- Valencell Announces Kristine O’Shea as Chief Financial Officer
- Artificial intelligence powered wearable solutions for senior care: A conversation with CarePredict
- The Evolution of Hearables: Past, Present and Future