FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does Valencell do?
Valencell develops high-performance biometric sensor solutions and enables this patent-protected technology to be integrated into wearables and personal health devices. Valencell provides value in 4 primary ways:
- Hardware – Valencell has proven accurate hardware and optomechanical designs, as well as full reference designs for wearables and hearables.
- Software – Valencell provides highly accurate algorithms, firmware, and physiological assessments, all designed to work together with Valencell’s hardware.
- Testing & Validation services – Valencell conducts prototype testing, use case validation, independent validation studies, and provides scale testing tools to ensure your devices work well from prototype to mass production.
- Expertise & Experience – Valencell’s team has more combined experience in design, manufacturing, and user experience for biometric wearables. We know what works and what pitfalls to avoid throughout the design, development, and production phases of your product lifecycle.
How does Valencell’s technology work?
Valencell’s technology consists of 3 novel elements:
1) sensor module designs
2) signal extraction technology
3) physiological assessments
For more information, check out the Technology page to see how Valencell’s sensor technology measures real-time body metrics.
How can I implement Valencell sensor technology into the wearable I’m building?
We work with each of our customers to create a partnership and develop the right solution. Depending on your technological needs and desired form factor, we have different approaches to help you integrate our tech into your idea. Learn more on our Access page.
What does Valencell sensor technology measure?
When integrated into standard audio earbuds, arm bands and wrist devices, our technology enables real-time monitoring of physical performance, fitness, and health status.
We currently offer the following metrics:
- Continuous heart rate
- Heart rate recovery
- Resting heart rate
- Heart rate zone
- R-R Interval
- Heart rate variability
- Cardiac efficiency
- VO2 caloric burn rate, and total calories
- VO2 max (aerobic fitness)
- Pace and distance
- Step rate (cadence) and total steps
- Cycling cadence
- Raw accelerometer data
Valencell is continuing to innovate and bring new metrics to market. If you are interesting in seeing a detailed roadmap, please reach out to email@example.com.
What are the price points and where can I buy Valencell-powered products?
As a technology development and enablement company, Valencell doesn’t control the retail price point of products powered by our sensor technology or where they will be sold. Visit our Customers page to learn more about Valencell-powered products.
Is Valencell hiring?
Yes! We’re a fast-growing technology development and enablement company at the cutting-edge of fitness and personal health technology. To learn more about open positions at Valencell, check out our current listings. For more information on internships and positions at Valencell, send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I participate in validation studies or product testing?
We’d like to hear from you! Contact Dr. Chris Eschbach to learn about participating in validation studies or product testing at Valencell,. Be sure to tell him your story, how you heard of Valencell and why you think our technology can help you.
I want to see Valencell in action.
Visit our YouTube playlist covering the following topics:
- How is Valencell Technology Different?
- How the Sensor Works
- How to Make the Most of Valencell Technology
- How to Use an Earbud
- The Three Parts of Valencell Technology
- Using Valencell Technology in Different Exercise Scenarios
- Valencell Technology in Action
- What is Valencell Technology?
- What Mobile Technologies is Valencell Technology on?
- When Can I Purchase Headsets Powered by Valencell Technology
- Who Licenses Valencell Technology?
- Why the Ear?