Utilizing Valencell Technology in Your Devices
Working with Valencell means we partner with you at every step to integrate Valencell technology into your wearable designs. Our ability to help you get an accurate biometric wearable into market is unmatched in the industry.
There are three key ways you can access Valencell technology:
It Takes More Than Just a Sensor to Make a Biometric Wearable
Benchmark sensor systems incorporate all Valencell PerformTek biometric sensor technology in a pre-packaged system for immediate integration in wearables of all kinds.
Valencell Benchmarks are complete biometric sensor systems that include all the hardware, optomechanical design, firmware and algorithms for highly accurate biometrics in wearables of all shapes and sizes. There is no licensing involved - you buy the Benchmark sensors and integrate them into your wearable design. Benchmark sensor systems mitigate schedule or technical risk associated with validating the biometric technology in your device, because they incorporate all the best Valencell has to offer in a ready-to-integrate module.
Valencell Benchmark is available in two versions:
- For biometric wrist/arm wearables
- For biometric earbud hearables
The best way to get started is to get a development kit at email@example.com. Just let us know which Benchmark version you need and we'll get you set up with a dev kit.
- Emitter/detector sensor electronics
- State-of-the-art active signal characterization to remove noise from optical signals during heavy activity and challenging environments
- Low-power accelerometer to track activity
- Light-guiding optomechanics to provide excellent optical coupling to the users skin
Valencell offers a menu of product planning and engineering support services for all our Benchmark customers. If you are interested in more information or if you'd like to order a development kit, download the ear data sheet, wrist data sheet or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benchmark Metrics and Communications
The integrated PerformTek processor converts sensor data into clinically-validated biometric measurements and assessments such as:
- Continuous Heart Rate, resting heart rate, heart rate response and recovery
- Cardiac efficiency
- VO2 and VO2 max
- Step counting
- Running cadence, distance, and speed
- Energy expenditure / calories burned
- And many more
The PerformTek processor contained in Benchmark communicates with your host processor using a simple UART or I2C interface protocol. Benchmark is 100% tested for optical and sensor performance at the factory using proprietary optical testing systems developed by Valencell.
Why Use Benchmark
- Clinically validated accuracy close to a chest strap
- Shorten product lifecycle by 2-4 months on average
- As much as $500,000 cost savings in manufacturing set-up and tooling processes and engineering development effort
- Access to Valencell's advanced biometrics roadmap, including heart rate variability (RRi), breathing rate, cardiac efficiency, and much more
- Access to testing & validation in our Biometrics Lab
- Rapid time-to-market; no licensing required
- Low power consumption solution with average operating current less than 2mA
- Strong patent protection from the most highly-cited patent portfolio in wearable biometrics
Another way to work with Valencell technology is through product licensing. Our PerformTek® Precision Biometrics technology integrates seamlessly with your wearable and hearable products. We provide a comprehensive patent-protected product licensing package that includes:
- Optomechanical biometric design guidance & reference designs for your desired form factor
- DSP chip loaded with our biometric firmware & algorithms
- Simple communications & data integration through our API (application programming interface)
- Engineering support from Valencells world-class mechanical, electrical, & optical engineers
- Testing & validation support from Valencells Biometrics Lab
- Product manufacturing expertise with access to Valencells global ecosystem of manufacturing & supply chain partners
- Marketing support including messaging, positioning, launch activities, events, & other in-market support
As a licensee, you have access to Valencell's highly cited patent portfolio and our comprehensive R&D team of experts. Its the perfect combination of mechanical engineering, signal processing skills, and exercise physiology leadership. We offer product licensing partners a true technology platform in addition to a rich product roadmap for current and future products.
- Provide comprehensive engineering support
- Help licensees develop storyboards for desired product use case
- Integrate the biometric sensor technology into products
- Monitor the quality of optomechanical biometric sensor development during manufacturing
- Certify biometric accuracy of final wearable product
Patent licensing provides access to Valencells inventions and patent portfolio without access to Valencell's technology products and support. For those customers who feel they do not need access to Valencells technology products or development support, we provide the ability to license our highly-cited patent portfolio. Patent licenses are non-exclusive and apply to specific devices under development.